Our Changing School
January 2008 - Old canteen demolished, Children's Centre built attached to school including new canteen, old staff toilet and I.C.T suite turned in to 10th classroom, 2 new toilets for staff built in corridor next to Reception classes
October 2006 - Expanded hard surface to rear of the school, to improve outdoor play for all the children throughout the year
March 2006 – A new classroom built (classroom adjoining the classroom adjacent to the back playground)
Nursery class moved to a new classroom
One classroom extended to include corridor and toilets
New bike stand to encourage walking to school
Finally, the mobile was demolished.
Sept 2004 – Upgrading of toilets
Installation of disabled toilet
Installation of changing facilities
Easter 2003 - Quad corridors double-glazed
A new front door!
March 2002 - Children involved in the tree planting program to improve school grounds
Summer 2001 – Office corridor extended to house the library
April 2001 - School library changed into ICT suite housing 10 computers
January 2000 – Work on the new building (classroom adjacent to back playground) began.
June 1997 – New nursery classroom opened (classroom nearest the canteen)
February 1997 – Main cloakroom converted into a classroom
October 1992 – Main store made into a secretarial office
Sink area in main cloakroom turned into a stockroom
October 1989 - Quad area landscaped as part of birthday year celebrations by Wirral Gardeners
Summer holidays 1970 – Work was started on the conversion from solid fuel to oil central heating
April 1965 – Miss Radcliffe visited school to discuss suggestions made by the chief fire officer – two rotary bells to be fixed in the corridor.
Summer holidays 1964 – During vacation decorators painted all classrooms, the hall, staffroom, cloakrooms. Two men were remaining to complete corridors, doors and strockrooms.
October 1963 – Work began on closing in the verandah, completed January 1964.
October 1954 – Visit from Miss R. re blackboards, cupboards and panels for new classroom. Resurfacing of playground and paths commenced and completed this month.
October 1953 – Visit from Miss R. - county inspection of primary schools - to see new classroom and arrange for cupboards and other fittings to be fixed as soon as possible.
September 1953 – Visit from Mr R. about the new classroom. Suggestions made for alteration to the door at the inside end of the children’s toilet.
January 1953 – Representative from County Architects office called to discuss provision of a sandpit; it is to be 8’ by 6’ with a platform of 8” wide for the children to stand on.
September 1952 – Progress has been made with the building of the new classroom. Steps from cloakroom to playground replaced by a ramp and a covered way being erected from there to the canteen. The cloakroom wall nearest entrance has been closed and a new door made in the wall facing the quadrangle. The children must come into school through two doorways.
January 1948 – Workmen started work on the school canteen
School bicycle shed for staff and canteen workers almost ready for use