As Mathematicians at Town Lane Infant School, children will develop fluency, knowledge and understanding to use mathematics as a tool for everyday life. Practical experiences and a growth mindset will ensure a solid understanding is gained which will foster a life-long love of mathematics. A positive mindset for mathematics, throughout the school community, and strong subject knowledge demonstrated by all staff are key to children's success in mathematics. Using the expected outcomes from the National Curriculum and the Foundation Stage Curriculum Framework it is our intent to develop:
• A positive attitude towards mathematics
• Fluency and a secure knowledge of number facts and a secure understanding of the four operations and how they are inter-related.
• An ability to solve problems, to reason, to think logically and to work systematically and accurately
• An ability to communicate mathematics using accurate mathematical vocabulary
We believe that all children should have equality of opportunity and should be able to access the curriculum regardless of race, religion, gender or ability.
- 2020 Town_Lane_Maths_Policy.pdf
- Progression within Maths.pdf
- TL Calculation-policy based on WR.pdf
- Y1 long term maths plan 2020.pdf
- Y2 Long term plan maths 2020.pdf